Planning Application

As part of the development process 99 out of every 100 soft play developments will require the building to obtain ‘change of use’ for “leisure”. In England and Wales this is classified as ‘planning class D2’ and in Scotland ’planning class 11’. During this process you will need to complete a planning application form from your local planning authority and submit this along with various supporting documents which generally include, site layout, travel plan, sequential testing plan, design and access statement and a ‘Planning Statement’ that deals with compliance with the various local and national planning policies and perhaps other plans and documents.

There are a number of ways you can approach this element of the project development process. You may decide to become planning expert yourself by understanding the national framework and local policies drafting and submitting your own application OR you could appoint a planning consultant who may charge you anything up to £5,000 OR  allow House of Play to do it for you! This is all part of our service and you do not pay any extra for any of our expertise!

For more information on how we can assist you will your soft play planning application then please contact a member of our team on 01302 846876 and we would be delighted to help!

Planning Application

Call today +44(0)1302 846876

Client Testimonials

"The service, professionalism, workmanship and project management skills were impeccable."

Gordon Aitken, Oxstalls Indoor Tennis Centre - Read More

Contact House Of Play

House of Play (Europe) Limited, Unit 11, Ogden Road, Shaw Lane Estate, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN2 4SQ, United Kingdom

Call Us: +44(0)1302 846876 Email:

© House of Play Limited 2018. All Rights Reserved.